If you are seeking a new job, your CV is the passport to employment. It is of great significance if you hold a professional CV. When you leave your school or college, start looking for job and building a successful career, you’ll hear the term CV thrown around quite a lot. Unfortunately, some schools and colleges are so focused on your academic performance or teaching you particular skills that they forgot to prepare you for how to create an effective, professional and good CV.
Remember that a well-written CV will always catch the attention of your hiring managers only if you know how to use a dynamic language in explaining who you are and what you do.
I’ve gathered around some tips for you that will ultimately make you a professional CV writer.
Tips for Effective CV:
- Your CV must possess a specific tone and personality that reflects you and where you want to see yourself in your career.
- Take start with a good personal profile that immediately grabs the reader attention about what kind of personality and what you do.
- Make a good career statement. Your career statement must include your professional experiences and the edge you have over others.
- It should have a comprehensive list of your capabilities. They must be some distinct strengths that specify your area of expertise and what is actually most relevant to your target reader.
- Include some professional accomplishments that you are proud of. Accomplishments that may be tangible or intangible.
I am Hafiza Ayesha Khalid, a Computer Science graduate from PUCIT, Pakistan, a freelance and a technical writer who loves penning down life experiences, biographies, technical blogs, property blogs, new fashion trends and business related articles. I am passionate about technical writing because it combines my two interests – writing and technology – in almost seamless ways. I feel a little bit more of myself, when writing, because it makes me connect with the universe and helps in realizing that I am still alive.
Choose your words wisely because your words shape your reality. J