One of the most remarkable Kaisers of the Saudi Arabia is the late Abdullah bin Abdul-Aziz-al-Saud who had proficiently been running the Arab kingdom for a decade. He is responsible for some ineffaceable legacy. The five most special features of his reign are showed below.
- Reforms for women: Although Abdullah was the first Saudi king who allows women for government positions, but he did not act as a reformer for women as expectations. Still, Saudi is `one and only country in the world which do not allow women to marry, to leave country, to go to school, and open bank accounts without permission from their male guardian.
- Cracking down on al Qaeda: After the attack on Saudi Arabia’s chief federate in the September 11, 2001, king Abdullah lobbied for the removal of U.S. troops. But then Saudi Arabia set bolster for the military and conduct a strong crackdown on terrorist elements.
- Educating the young: Abdullah focused on modernizing the Saudi education and started King Abdullah Scholarship Program which sent thousands of students abroad. It was one of the masterpiece legacies of king Abdullah.
- Reforming the economy: King Abdullah was the one for whom Saudi Arabia joined the World Trade Organization and went forward for foreign direct investment.
- Growing stature on world stage: The king Abdullah was praised for elating Saudi Arabia up to reach international community.