The full process of Applying for UK Visa from Pakistan has been explained in the bellow steps.
First visit the UK government website for visas and immigration in Pakistan to apply for Visa Online at AccessUK
Reached 15 minute early to your time at appointment day at the visa application center. Take your appointment letter and application pack, your passport a colour photograph (only for biometrics exempted applicants), evidence of paid application fee and CNIC.
Collect a token while arriving at visa application center. Wait until your token is called to make your application. Before you visit the Visa Application Centre please click here to view the details about scanning of documents.
All of the original documents will be returned back and only photocopies will be accepted.
Settlement applications –
A scanning process for settlement supporting documents in the Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore and Mirpur Visa Application Centres has been introduced. This will affect where you need to send your supporting documents. Before you visit the Visa Application Centre please click here to view the details.
Send a completed application package within 2 weeks of enrolling your biometric information to:
UK Visas and Immigration International
PO Box 5852
This should include:
- A stamped, self-addressed envelope or prepaid return self-addressed courier envelope to return any original UK documents.
- The GWF reference provided at the time of application (eg GWF 123456789).
- One printed copy of the application form and photo.
- All additional documents supporting your application. These should include any documents originating in the UK, like evidence of maintenance and accommodation.
- Only valuable documents such as marriage and birth certificates will be returned and only if you have supplied photocopies of these supporting documents. Documents such as photographs, records of correspondence, bank statements will not be returned and will be retained in UKVI only if directly relevant to the decision.
- If you want your supporting documents returned, you should send photocopies as well as the original documents. We will not return documents if they have not been photocopied.
- The documents should be arranged in this order:
- Application form and Appendix 2
- English language evidence
- Relationship documents
- Maintenance documents
- Accommodation documents
when the Visa decision will be done, the passport will be sent to the Visa application center where the application was made. All other original documents will be returned to the address on the self-addressed envelope.
Enrol your fingerprints and photograph (known as biometric information collection) at the visa application centre. This includes a digital finger scan (all 10 digits) and a digital photograph. The finger scan procedure uses an electronic scanner. No ink, liquid or chemical. You should ensure that your fingertips are free from any forms of decoration (for example, henna), cuts, abrasions or other markings as these may affect your ability to provide acceptable finger scans. Your digital photograph must be taken with full face and without sunglasses or tinted spectacles, or head covering unless it is worn for religious or medical reasons. Your face should be clearly visible with no hair across the eyes. We cannot process your visa if you do not submit your biometric information.
Passport call be collected from Gerry’s VAC after processing by the High Commission
- Personal collection of applications:
For collecting personally by the applicant, you need to provide these documents
- Gerry’s original ICR slip
- A clear readable copy of valid CNIC of the applicant
- A clear copy of applicant’s Tazkira (for Afghan applicants only)
For applicants under 18 years, copy of FRC/Birth Certificate/B.Form will be required
- Collection of applications on authority letter (third party collection):
The representative will have to provide the following documents
- Gerry’s Original ICR Slip
- A valid CNIC copy of the applicant clearly showing applicant’s signature
- Authority letter addressed to UK Visa Application Center authorizing the representative with the same signatures as on applicant’s CNIC
- Valid CNIC copy of the representative.
- A consent letter from other parent if either of two has to collect the passports of their children under the age of 18 Years
- A consent letter from both the parents if the passports of their children under the age of 18 Years are to be collected by a third person
- A copy of FRC/ B. Form/Birth certificate showing child-parents details
- Authorized representative will have to bring original CNIC of the applicant.
Applicant need to come personally with these documents if Gerry’s original ICR Slip/Receipt is lost
- An affidavit on stamp paper, duly attested by notary public/oath commissioner office, mentioning loss of the ICR slip
- A request statement to return the processed application/passport. Statement must also mention that if the lost ICR Slip is found/retrieved somehow, it will not be used to claim the collected application/passport rather will be returned back to Gerry’s concerned VAC.
Processed applications cannot be routed from one to another Visa Application Center for delivery unless advised by the UKVI.
- Application/Passport Collection Timings:
Processed applications/passports can be collected from Gerry’s concerned VACs on all Government of Pakistan working days from Monday to Friday between 08:00 to 17:00.
NOTE: Original ICR slip will be retained by Gerry’s concerned Visa Application Center. If required by the applicant, a stamped copy of the ICR will be provided.
Applicant/Authorized Person will have to sign a declaration regarding their satisfaction about collection of passport and documents.